ROSEBURG, Ore. -- The Roseburg Police Department is investigating a deadly hit and run.
Police said the incident occurred on December 25, 2017, around 6:41 p.m. They said a man was struck by a vehicle in the 900 block of SE Stephens in Roseburg. When officers arrived on the scene, they found 43-year-old Shelby Keeney, face down in the road. Police said Keeney was seriously injured and unresponsive. Keeney was transported to a hospital where he died on January 26, 2018, as a result of his injuries, according to police.
Police said the investigation into the incident revealed a lifted, full-size, Dodge diesel truck, red in color with black wheels, was traveling north on SE Stephens when Keeney stepped off the sidewalk and into the lane of travel. They said the vehicle collided with Keeney, momentarily stopped, and then sped away from the area.
The Roseburg Police Department is asking anyone with information about this case to call the Roseburg Police Department tip line at 541 492-6794.
- Roseburg PD investigates fatal hit and run
- Roseburg police investigate shooting
- Homicide investigation underway in Roseburg
- Police investigating fatal accident
- Horse hit by vehicle in Roseburg
- Roseburg School District hit with ransomware attack
- Teen hit by car in Roseburg
- Roseburg Police investigate robbery at Walgreens
- Roseburg woman charged with a DUII after a hit and run
- Roseburg teen dies in fatal wreck in Dixonville