ROSEBURG, Ore. -- Roseburg residents looking for new employment opportunities went down to the job fair at Goodwill Thursday.
Businesses like Lowe's, Papa Murphy's and Roseburg Forest Products had booths set up at the event.
Micki Waters, a Papa Murphy’s Franchise Partner, said these job fairs at Goodwill help them find strong candidates.
“We’re always accepting applications, but when another agency who also does employment training, helps with resumes, helps with computer skills, is willing to hold a job fair, it’s a bonus for all of us that participate,” Waters said.
Attendee Elsa Seed said these fairs help by letting them interact with potential employers.
“I recommend anyone -- any job fair because you have a really good chance in doing, you know -- because you can meet them face-to-face instead of just applying online,” Seed said. “They just see another application. You meet face-to-face and they’re like, okay, I know what you look like, I can see you’re really interested, and you have a better chance.”
The next job fair at the Goodwill in Roseburg will be held on Oct. 25 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Roseburg Goodwill holds job fair
- Roseburg WIC holds monthly Nutrition Adventures group
- Roseburg holds Power of Pink festival
- Goodwill rounds up to warm up
- Goodwill offering $10,000 reward to find thief
- Roseburg BLM holds an open house for Swiftwater Park
- New Florence Goodwill hopes to help residents find work
- Roseburg VA director resigns
- Roseburg police investigate shooting
- Weather impacts turnout at St. Vinnie's Vetran's Job Fair