Photo Gallery 5 Images
BANDON, Ore. -- Highway 42S is closed five miles east of Bandon after a 50-foot section of the road collapsed Wednesday night, and the closure could continue into next week, officials said.
Drivers traveling between Bandon and Coquille should take Highway 101 and Highway 42.
Officials said the collapse happened at milepost 5.4 near a blocked culvert, which caused water to pool on the uphill side of the road.
- Road collapse closes Highway 42S east of Bandon
- ODOT opens southbound lane on Highway 42S east of Bandon
- Bandon man dies in motorcycle crash on Highway 101
- Woman arrested after knife attack in Bandon
- One lane reopens after crash on Highway 42
- Former Bandon coach pleads guilty to sex abuse involving child
- Student in Bandon suspended for allegedly making threats of violence
- Former Bandon coach pleads guilty to child porn
- Officers justified in fatal shooting of man in Bandon
- Cleanup continues after a fishing boat catches fire in Bandon