EUGENE, Ore. -- RiverBend Materials is looking for new employees, and a four-year college degree is not necessary.
RiverBend supplies raw materials for construction like asphalt and concrete mix. The company has eight different excavation sites across western Oregon. Many of their positions, including their administrative ones, do not require a college education.
Kyndal Cox, a quality control technician, said she wanted a job that was hands-on and labor-intensive.
"I wanted something that was going to be different every day, and just the fact about going to school is very expensive, I didn't want to pay for schooling for the rest of my life," Cox said.
RiverBend Materials said their average baseline pay is $18 an hour with the ability to make up to $60,000 a year or more with benefits.
- RiverBend Materials looking for skilled workers
- Neighbors terrified by RiverBend homeless
- Skilled to Work: Roto Rooter struggles to find skilled workers
- Patient life-flighted to Riverbend after crash
- Riverbend Hospital on lockdown; man in custody
- OHA: RiverBend Hospital broke nurse staffing rules
- Former RiverBend nurse arrested on new charges
- RiverBend Hospital welcomes in leap day babies
- Create festive holiday decor with everyday materials
- Skilled to Work: Employers struggle to replace retiring trade workers