RIDDLE, Ore. – A woman accused of multiple sex crimes was arrested Thursday, the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office.
Rheta Melvin, 36, of Riddle is accused of having sexual contact with a teenage boy.
Deputies served a search warrant at Melvin’s home on Dec. 5.
Melvin allegedly began messaging the boy and exchanging photographs of a sexual nature through a social media platform. Authorities said they made arrangements to meet and had sexual contact.
She was taken to the Douglas County Jail and faces charges of using a child in a display of sexually explicit conduct, first-degree online sexual corruption of a child, third-degree sodomy, third-degree rape and contributing to the sexual delinquency of a minor.
There may be additional witnesses or youths who have had contact with Melvin, deputies said. If you have any information, contact the sheriff’s office at 541-440-4471 and reference case #19-5559.
- Riddle woman accused of sexual contact with teen boy
- Oregon's medical marijuana program riddled with problems
- Missing firefighter found dead near Riddle
- Multnomah County deputy accused of sexually abusing woman
- Former Portland mayor accused of sexual harassment
- Taekwondo instructor accused of sexually abusing children
- Classroom volunteer accused of sexually abusing kindergartner
- Winston man accused of child sexual abuse
- Tenmile man accused of attempted sexual assault
- Roseburg man accused of sexually assaulting minor