EUGENE, Ore. – A Lyft driver is asking the University of Oregon to add a designated drop-off area for people who carpool or use a rideshare service to get to Autzen Stadium.
"Gameday is always packed because we are such loyal fans, but when you are trying to drop someone off at the stadium, there is no where you can drop them off,” said Tim Wurm, a Lyft driver.
Officials with the University of Oregon said it happens because of the way traffic flows in the area.
Wurm said it often causes fans to walk long distances just to get to the game. He said as a Lyft driver, it can even impact how much he makes in tips.
Jimmy Stanton with UO Athletics, said they are “always evaluating potential adjustments to gamedays for future seasons, in close collaboration with the city and police.”
"I'm hoping we can have some more drop off locations so we can get to the games easier, safer, quicker," said Evynn Pickering, a UO student.
- Rideshare drivers say Autzen isn't user friendly
- Rideshare users have mixed feelings about Uber, Lyft
- Tailgating changes at Autzen
- Rideshare battle begins
- Rideshare drivers urge caution after South Carolina student's death
- Influx of rideshare drivers in Eugene continues one year later
- First responders prepare for concert at Autzen
- LTD proposes changes for Autzen Express
- New Autzen Stadium policies could challenge businesses
- 'Friendly Driver' program teaching how to share the road