UPDATE: The search for a man who fell off a cliff at Toketee Falls Sunday continues.
The Douglas County Sheriff's Office has identified the man as Brian Lewinstein, 23, of Berkeley, California.
His family has been notified.
The sheriff's office said Lewinstein crossed a safety fence to take a photograph from above Toketee Falls and fell down the steep embankment.
DOUGLAS COUNTY, Ore. -- Douglas County deputies were working to reach a man who fell off a cliff at Toketee Falls Sunday.
Deputies said they got the call around 3 p.m. Sunday.
As of 7:30 p.m. Sunday, they said they were still trying to reach the man. His condition was not given.
Deputies have not released the man’s name.
Sgt. Brad O'dell said the mission is very complex, and the volunteers were responding with the of urgency, while carefully balancing the needs for responder safety.
- UPDATE: Rescue mission continues at Toketee Falls
- Missing hiker's body found at Toketee Falls
- Bandon man dies after falling at Toketee Falls
- Search and rescue efforts underway for missing man near Toketee
- Missing man's family joins search near Toketee
- Missing Mt. Angel man found dead near Toketee
- Eugene Springfield Fire rescues resident after falling
- Mission accomplished: Eugene Mission finds home for resident
- Eugene Mission hosts Christmas meals
- UPDATE: LCSO continues search for suspect