VERLOT, Wash. (AP) - The remains of a missing Whatcom County woman have been found in the woods off the Mountain Loop Highway.
The Daily Herald reports the death of Vera Izhevskiy is considered suspicious, according to the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office.
Izhevskiy, from the Maple Falls area, was last seen alive on Nov. 10, 2016, in Bellingham. She was 25.
Sheriff's spokeswoman Courtney O'Keefe said U.S. Forest Service employees found her skeletal remains Jan. 30 near Mallardy Creek, east of Verlot.
The Snohomish County Medical Examiner's Office announced both the discovery and the identity Friday.
The cause and manner of death are pending investigation.
- Remains of missing woman found in woods in Washington, death suspicious
- Suspicious device found in Bend
- Remains identified as missing Oregon woman
- Missing woman found Wednesday night
- Deputies investigate suspicious death in Albany
- Detectives investigate suspicious death in Linn County
- Linn County deputies investigate suspicious death
- Marion County deputies investigating suspicious death
- Suspicious death under investigation in Eugene
- Human remains found in Roseburg