BEND, Ore. (AP) - A medical examiner has confirmed that remains found in central Oregon last week are those of Sara Gomez, a Bend woman missing since February.
Deschutes County District Attorney John Hummel said Wednesday that the cause and manner of death are still under investigation.
Authorities believe Gomez was killed by her ex-boyfriend, Bryan Penner, and that he acted alone.
Penner was taken into police custody two days after the disappearance. He hanged himself jail March 11.
- Remains identified as missing Oregon woman
- Albany woman's DNA used to identify remains of WWII sailor
- Oregon's unemployment rate remains low
- Remains found in Oregon believed to be missing actor
- Police identify woman found dead on Oregon Coast
- Body Found Identified as Missing Woman Kendall Smith
- Body found in McKenzie River identified as missing woman
- Douglas County Deputies need help identifying human remains
- Remains in burned home identified as former Springfield man
- Remains of WWII soldier identified 76 years after going MIA