HAUSER, Ore. -- A Reedsport woman died in a crash on Highway 101 near Hauser Tuesday afternoon, Oregon State Police said.
Police responded to a two-vehicle crash at about 1 p.m. near milepost 229 of the highway.
Ashley Ridenour, 31, of Reedsport was driving south on the highway when she crossed the center line for an unknown reason and struck a Dodge pickup towing a travel trailer, which was being driven by John Bohmfalk, 72, of Coulee Dam, Washington.
Ridenour sustained fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Bohmfalk and his passenger, Vicki Bohmfalk, 68, of Coulee Dam, sustained minor injuries.
The crash closed down the highway for about three hours. Around 4 p.m., one lane of traffic opened.
Police said Mast Bros Towing is working to remove the pickup and trailer. The highway is expected to be open by 6:30 p.m.
North Bend Ambulance, Coos County Sheriff’s Office, North Bay Fire Department, Hauser Fire Department, Bay City Ambulance and the Oregon Department of Transportation assisted Oregon State Police.
- Reedsport woman dies in crash on Highway 101 in Coos County
- UPDATE: Highway 101 reopens after fatal crash in Coos County
- North Bend woman killed in crash on Highway 101
- Earthquake strikes off Reedsport coast
- Man dies after being struck by SUV on Highway 101
- Two die in crash on Highway 101 near North Bend
- 1 dead in Highway 101 crash near Lakeside
- One person killed in Coos County crash
- Fire breaks out east of Reedsport
- Coos Bay man dies in logging accident