REEDSPORT, Ore. -- A Reedsport man has been arrested in connection with two sexual assaults that took place on the coast in Douglas County.
On Saturday, Detectives with the Douglas County Sheriff's Office arrested 63-year-old Edward Owen Spalione at his residence. They said the investigation indicated Spalione as a person of interest.
After evidence was collected at Spalione’s residence, he was arrested and taken to the Douglas County Jail on the following charges: Sexual Penetration 1st Degree x2, Kidnapping 1st Degree x2, Assault 2nd Degree x2, Sexual Abuse 1st Degree x2, Menacing x2.
Spalione was arrested in connection to an assault that happened last Sunday at Carter Lake, while a woman was walking her dog. They said the other incident occurred on August 16, 2018. They said a woman, who had been sleeping in her vehicle along Sparrow Park Road, awoke to an adult male adult sexually assaulting her.
Detectives are currently working to determine if Spalione has any connection to similar assaults.
- Reedsport man arrested in connection with two sexual assaults
- Earthquake strikes off Reedsport coast
- Texas fugitive wanted in child abuse case arrested in Reedsport
- Fire breaks out east of Reedsport
- Man wanted on several felony charges in Reedsport
- Tenmile man accused of attempted sexual assault
- Man arrested in connection with Corvallis fires
- Man arrested after alleged assault outside 7-Eleven
- Corvallis police search for man who sexually assaulted teen
- Deputies search for man who sexually assaulted woman near Gardiner