Photo Gallery 5 Images
EUGENE, Ore. -- A Eugene business is on fire Friday night, sending smoke into the air.
Redwood Northwest manufactures picnic tables, garden beds and planters, and other redwood products.
Crews responded to the fire at about 6:15 p.m. in the area of West 11th Avenue and Terry Street.
Officials with Eugene Springfield Fire say they were able to contain the blaze quickly. The fire started on the second floor mezzanine. They said there are still some salvageable materials in the building.
The owner of the company said he's been in business close to 25 years and the fire happened after everyone left for the day. He says he has around 12 to 15 employees and hopes to get them back to work soon. He said the building is insured.
The Oregon State Fire Marshal's Office is on scene and investigating to find the cause.
- Redwood Northwest on fire in west Eugene
- Eugene Emeralds win Northwest League Championship with walk-off balk
- Fire destroys RV and parking structure in west Eugene
- Crews battle large industrial fire in West Eugene
- Fire damages Eugene businesses
- Police: small explosion in west Eugene
- Burglary suspect arrested in west Eugene Wednesday
- Boy hit by car in west Eugene
- Eugene car fires considered arson
- Fire destroys Eugene mobile home