EUGENE, Ore. -- The American Red Cross is looking to give back to the armed forces and they need help.
The Red Cross is making comfort kits for veterans and veteran hospitals. They are taking donations through November 8. They also need help putting the kits together.
Supplies needed include:
- first aid kits
- hand sanitizer
- antibiotic ointment
- lip balm
- nail clippers
- knit hats
- hand warmers
- grocery gift cards
People can donate supplies at the Red Cross on Broadway, Chambers Construction, Ninkasi, Peacehealth University District in Eugene and Peacehealth Riverbend in Springfield.
Volunteers can help assemble the kits at the Red Cross office at 11 a.m. on November 10.
- Red Cross needs help assembling comfort kits for veterans
- Oregon's Offense, Defense getting more comfortable
- Volunteers assemble 1,400 Thanksgiving Meal Boxes
- Red Cross responds to separate fires, 10 people affected
- Eugene Red Cross volunteer helping volcano victims in Hawaii
- Red Cross holding blood drives to honor Bend woman
- Red Cross deploys Eugene staff member to California wildfires
- In The Garden: Transform winter squash into comfort food
- Mercy Medical Center uses art to comfort patients