EUGENE, Ore. – The executive director of the Southwest Oregon Chapter of the American Red Cross is deploying to California Wednesday morning to help in the massive response effort as multiple wildfires are burning.
This is Carisa Hettich's third deployment. She has previously been deployed to Texas during Hurricane Harvey and last year to California during the Camp Fire.
Hettich will be helping the Red Cross in California provide shelter and food for thousands of evacuees.
The Red Cross Cascades Region has deployed 14 volunteers to California.
- Red Cross deploys Eugene staff member to California wildfires
- Churchill staff members kneel for National Anthem
- Wasikowski hires first member of his staff
- Eugene Red Cross volunteer helping volcano victims in Hawaii
- SPECIAL REPORT: Eugene VA staff fear retaliation
- 4 Marjory Stoneman Douglas staff members reassigned over shooting response
- Staff members put out fire at elementary school
- Local ties to California wildfire disaster
- Oregon Strike Teams help with California wildfire
- Oregon firefighters helping at California wildfires