TIGARD, Ore. -- A Quran instructor has been sentenced to four years in prison for sexually abusing two children while at the helm of an Islamic Educational Institution.
Muhammad Hasan, of Corvallis, was sentenced yesterday after pleading guilty to attempted sexual abuse and sexual abuse for crimes dating back to 2016.
The first victim to come forward was studying the Quran with Hasan at the American Islamic Center for the holy Quran in Tigard. During the investigation, the police discovered the second victim.
Hasan taught the Quran across Oregon and Washington and authorities fear there are more victims.
Washington County Senior Deputy District Attorney, Megan Johnson says the victims showed great courage in coming forward because Hasan was deeply respected in their community.
Hasan must also register as a sex offender.
- Quran instructor sentenced for sexually abusing children
- Quran instructor from Corvallis faces sex abuse charges in Tigard
- Taekwondo instructor accused of sexually abusing children
- Former martial arts instructor found guilty of sexual abuse
- Former martial arts instructor's sentencing postponed
- Man sentenced for sexually abusing Oregon girl
- Former martial arts instructor gets prison for sex abuse
- Lane County man sentenced for sexually abusing a child
- Former martial arts instructor to stand trial in sex abuse case
- Lawsuit: Instructor stabbed Oregon man in eye at sword class