BAKER CITY, Ore. (AP) -- Prosecutors in Baker County have charged the parents of a toddler who shot himself in the head with homicide.
The Baker City Herald reports that 2-year-old Liam Mankins shot himself with a loaded handgun in the family's home in November. Authorities say they also found methamphetamine in the home.
Peter Lee Mankins, 33, and Diana Lynn Goodman, 32, were arrested after a grand jury indicted them last week on charges of second-degree manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide, child endangerment and methamphetamine possession.
Baker County District Attorney Matt Shirtcliff says both parents were in the home when Liam shot himself.
A 4-month-old baby was also in the home.
The couple's defense attorneys, Kyra Kay Rohner-Ingram and Damien Yervasi, didn't return calls.
A plea hearing is set for Jan. 23 for both parents.
- Prosecutors charge parents of toddler who fatally shot self
- Oregon parents arrested after toddler shoots self with gun
- Prosecutor: Springfield officer won't be charged
- Boy, 17, fatally shot in Salem
- Man found fatally shot in Keizer home
- Grand jury clears Gresham officers who fatally shot suspect
- Oregon police identify two Cave Junction men fatally shot
- Officer who fatally shot Oregon Standoff leader named in court
- Cougar fatally shot after killing sheep near Bend
- Grocery manager fatally shot, police arrest fired worker