EUGENE, Ore. – A proposed car camping site for the homeless in the Santa Clara area of Eugene will not be happening, according to the Lane Transit District.
The camp would have been set up on the corner of River Road and Hunsaker Lane.
Officials said this is an instance in which public engagement and input worked to influence their decision.
They said they got a number of calls and emails about the proposed camp, and nearly 200 people showed up for a meeting last week.
They said most people did not want the camping site.
- Proposed car camp in Santa Clara not happening
- LTD considers adding homeless camp to Santa Clara neighborhood
- Thieves target mailboxes in Santa Clara
- Composting workshops coming up in Santa Clara
- Pedestrian dies in crash in Santa Clara
- City of Eugene purchases riverfront parkland in Santa Clara
- Eugene considers new park in Santa Clara neighborhood
- Web Extra: Oregon St. recaps win over Santa Clara part 1 (12/9/18)
- Web Extra: Oregon St. recaps win over Santa Clara part 2 (12/9/18)
- Commissioners to vote on management of Santa Clara homeless pilot program