JUNCTION CITY, Ore. -- Officials at Junction City High School still don't know who wrote a threat to “shoot up” the school on a bathroom wall.
Several Junction City officers were on campus throughout the day Friday where school continued as scheduled.
School officials said a student found the note on a bathroom wall, saying: "I'm going to shoot up the school tomorrow at 0900 hours. Be ready." It was discovered at about 3:15 p.m. on Thursday shortly after school was let out for the day.
Some students were nervous to be in school on Friday and said incidents like these are becoming too common.
“It doesn't make me feel very safe going to school, but at the same time, it doesn't bother me too much because it's kind of a normal thing now,” said Cameron Morrow, a junior at the school.
Others students like Travis Wheeler weren’t bothered by the threat and said they believe it is simply a cry for help.
“I don't think it's a big deal. I'm not really scared. It's going to take more than that to make me nervous. I got school to do,” Wheeler said.
Co-Principal Brian Young said they’re working closely with Junction City Police to figure out where the threat came from.
“We'll be looking at camera footage. We'll be talking to students. We'll be looking at writing samples. I feel like we'll be able to get to the bottom of what took place,” Young said.
Young said they are still deciding whether to continue extra patrols next week.
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Junction City Police department or report tips anonymously on the SafeOregon website.
- Police still searching for author of school threat in Junction City
- No threat found at Junction City school, police say
- Bomb squad searches Junction City home
- Search continues for missing Junction City teen
- Threat written on bathroom wall at Junction City school
- Junction City Police investigate "swatting" incident
- Police investigate car fire in Junction City
- Junction City police chief defends actions after school lockdown criticism
- Junction City School District investigating 'Straight Alliance' Instagram account
- Police: Man caught on camera trespassing in Junction City