UPDATE: A 79-year-old man is no longer missing in Eugene.
Officials said John Marshall Emmerson, who was reported missing Monday morning, has been found and is safe.
EUGENE, Ore. -- Police are seeking the public’s help finding a 79-year-old Eugene man.
John Marshall Emmerson left in his silver 2006 Ford Focus station wagon Monday morning, and police said he did not take his medicine. He also has memory issues.
Police said Emmerson likes to hike and scouts hunting areas.
The last location of his cellphone was at about 2:30 p.m. Monday about 4.6 miles southeast of the Cottage Grove cell tower, police said.
He is described as white, 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighing 200 pounds and has blue eyes and a large scar on his chest.
If you see him or his car, which has black duct tape on the front bumper and is missing a rear-passenger door handle, police ask that you call 541-682-5111.
The Lane County Sheriff’s Office has been notified.
- 79-year-old Eugene man found
- Missing Eugene woman found alive
- UPDATE: Man missing after arriving at Eugene Airport found
- Vehicle of missing Eugene man found at Douglas County lake
- Police identify man found dead along Willamette River in Eugene
- Woman's body found in Eugene alley
- Missing dog found after Eugene car accident
- Explosives found outside Eugene police station
- Body found along Willamette River in Eugene
- Missing psychiatric patient found in Eugene