EUGENE, Ore. – There was a heavy police presence at Cascade Middle School on Thursday, but police said the situation has been resolved.
Officers responded to a classroom at 2:30 p.m.
They said a 10-year-old student brought an airsoft gun to class in his backpack with the intention of playing with friends after school. Other students saw the gun and reported it to police.
The school is secure, police said, and there is no threat.
Police thanked the students who came forward to report the incident and said it’s important to let them know if you see something that doesn’t look right.
- Police say no threat after Cascade Middle School response
- No one ate alone at Cascade Middle School Friday
- Pastor near Cascade Middle School lends a helping hand
- DA: Officer-involved shooting at Cascade Middle School was justified
- School threat made towards Roseburg middle school, police investigating
- Police to begin internal review of shooting at Cascade Middle School
- UPDATE: OSP identifies person shot & killed by police outside Cascade Middle School
- Threat found at Siuslaw Middle School
- Police investigating possible threat at Madison Middle School