EUGENE, Ore. -- A man was arrested Saturday after Eugene police were called to the Campus Inn following reports of an unknown man in the hotel's hot tub.
Police said William Amos, 45, refused to leave or give them his name.
Amos eventually got out, and police said that's when he fought with officers, reaching for one of their handguns. Police said before taking Amos into custody, they used a Taser and pepper spray.
The man is being charged with resisting arrest and criminal trespassing.
An officer is recovering from minor injuries.
- Police: Man fights with officers after refusing to leave hotel hot tub
- Investigators don't suspect foul play in Creswell hot tub drowning
- Former Springfield police chief vouches for officer on leave
- SPD: Man on meth arrested, tried fighting officers
- Man killed by Portland police officer
- Police: Woman fights back when groped by man
- Lane County task force leaves to fight Ramsey Canyon Fire
- Car crashes into hotel room
- Springfield police lieutenant put on leave
- Oregon high court suspends judge who refused to marry gays