Photo Gallery 3 Images
REDMOND, Ore. -- Police responded to two crashes involving alleged drunk driving, including one that narrowly missed a 10-year-old.
The first incident happened after midnight on Feb. 11 on the 1900 block of NW Larch Spur Court. Officers said the vehicle had left the scene after crashing into a duplex.
The vehicle punched a hole through the rear of the duplex, police said. Police said witnesses described the vehicle as a full-size pickup, with a flatbed, and it was last seen heading south on NW 19th Street.
Officers found the suspect on the 2500 block of SW Cascade Mountain Lane. Officers arrested Jory Markiss for several crimes including DUII.
About an hour later officers responded to report of another vehicle hitting a building.
This was at the Double J Saloon, 528 SW 6th Street. An employee reported a female driver had hit the building with a vehicle. The driver tried to take off without the car. Officers found her about 30 minutes later. They arrested Emma Walker.
- Police respond to two DUII crashes into buildings
- Redmond DUII driver crashes into canal
- Woman sentenced for deadly DUII crash
- Trooper faces DUII in Roseburg crash
- Driver crashes into ARCO sign, police investigating as DUII
- Springfield Police enhancing DUII patrols over holidays
- Taxi driver arrested for DUII
- Trooper's DUII arrest shocks neighbors
- Injured passenger in DUII crash has long road to recovery
- Firefighter arrested for DUII after four-vehicle crash near Veneta