EUGENE, Ore. -- Police are reporting an uptick in motorcycle thefts after eight motorcycles were reported missing during the time period between April 29 and May 14.
Police said all of the motorcycles were stolen during the night.
Some were in backyards and others in plain view in the driveway.
The Eugene Police Department is offering precautions and tips on how to keep them safe and secured:
- Get motorcycle insurance not just for collision but also for theft
- Keep your motorcycle or scooter locked in a garage
- Make sure to have a secure lock and attach the motorcycle or scooter to a trailer (if the trailer is enclosed used a study lock and lock the bike to the floor inside)
- Consider getting a lock with an alarm
- Park your motorcycle away from street view