Two people were arrested Monday night after a police pursuit in Eugene. They were 25 year old Jessica Blanton and 42 year old Roberto Martinez.
Neighbors said a stolen car stopped on Larkspur Loop, then two people fled on foot. Two others were found still inside the car.
Blanton was captured first. Police later found Martinez hiding in the crawl space under a neighbor’s house.
“The criminal was under my house. Got in my trap door. Under my house,” said Carl Lane.
Lane said the suspect broke into his backyard, then hid in the crawl space. He didn't know anything was happening until police knocked on his back window, and told him to stay inside. Then, they captured and arrested the man.
Lane and other community members said they've never seen such a large police presence in the area.
Officers say it took about an hour and a half to catch the suspects. They asked people to stay inside and lock their doors via social media.
KEZI spoke to a neighbor who said he feared for everyone's safety.
“I honestly thought maybe it was a murder or something like that. I mean I just had never seen a police response like that,” John Landua said. “I was more worried about my neighbors than anything. I've got two dogs, I've got myself. So I wasn't so worried for me.”
Landua says he realized something was wrong when his dogs started barking. He told us the female suspect was arrested right behind his house.
- Neighbors speak out after police pursuit
- Stolen car leads to police pursuit, manhunt
- Neighbors speak out about witnessing a dog attack
- Former neighbors of suspected heroin crisis drug dealer speak out
- UPDATE: Police pursuit ends in Low Pass, suspect ID'd
- High-speed police pursuit ends in arrest in Springfield
- OSP: Winston man crashes twice during police pursuit in Azalea
- Roseburg man faces drug charges after police pursuit
- Stabbing suspect taken into custody after police pursuit
- Wanted man arrested after pursuit in Lebanon