Photo Gallery 9 Images
CORVALLIS, Ore. -- Oregon State Police have arrested the man who they say made threats against Oregon State University on Twitter.
Police said Christopher Adam Strahan, 22, sent several threatening tweets under the username @hardbellydorm saying "I'll kill every single person in this facility you're all DEAD."
They said Strahan also sent another tweet referencing the Thurston High School shooting in Springfield and the recent school shooting in Florida.
Strahan was arrested outside a home in Corvallis around 2:30 p.m. Tuesday. He was booked into the Benton County Jail on a disorderly conduct charge. His bail is set at $12,500.
Court documents show Strahan was previously accused of threatening to shoot people at Oregon State University in February 2017. A menacing charge was dropped, but he was convicted of disorderly conduct and ordered not to have contact with the university or have firearms.
Oregon State University officials said when they became aware of the situation they immediately urged students, staff and faculty to be mindful of their safety. The campus was never evacuated.
"We have to assume every matter is real and we're taking it very seriously," said university spokesperson Steve Clark.
Our public safety officials are aware of recent concerning tweets and are investigating. As always, we encourage students and the Oregon State community to report any safety concerns to OSU Public Safety at 541-737-7000.
— Oregon State University (@OregonState) February 27, 2018
Anyone who has information the about the tweets is asked to call OSU Public Safety at 541-737-7000.
- Police arrest man accused of threatening OSU
- Man accused of threatening OSU pleads not guilty
- Nonprofit accuses OSU of animal neglect
- New details released on OSU student's arrest
- Lebanon man accused of threatening Oregon Lottery headquarters
- Man accused of threatening officer with gun in Sutherlin
- Corvallis man accused of threatening to kill neighbor with ax
- Man accused of threatening woman with knife in Coos Bay
- Springfield police arrest man accused of forgery, identity theft
- Eugene man arrested for allegedly threatening a security guard