Photo Gallery 2 Images
EUGENE, Ore. -- Police are trying to find out if multiple armed robberies in Eugene over the weekend are connected. The suspect or suspects showed a gun every single time.
Lil's Deli on River Road was robbed Friday morning. Police said the suspect was armed with a gun and was wearing a mask. They said he demanded cash then left.
Police said two men held an employee at the Subway on 18th and Chambers at gun point around 9 p.m. Saturday night and demanded money.
In addition to the robbery at Subway, police said a man robbed and threatened a 21-year-old woman with a gun just before 3 a.m. on Saturday. They said she was walking near Hilyard and East 16th Avenue.
Police said the third robbery happened at Neighborhood Market which is also located on Hilyard. They said one suspect was armed with a handgun, and robbed the employee, while a second suspect stood by the door.
In each case the suspects were able to get away.
KEZI spoke with the Subway employee who was held at gunpoint. He is still shocked something like this happened.
"So he pulled out the gun, he aimed at me,” Anthony Ripley said. “I was sitting there kind of in disbelief at first, I was just kind of surprised the subway was getting robbed by a gun. So, I just remained calm, gave him the money at the register and he only got the money in the register, not the money in the safe or anything. It was a pretty intense moment."
He said the suspects stole a little more than $200 from the register.
Police said at this time they don't know if the three related cases are related.
- Police investigating multiple armed robberies in Eugene
- Eugene police investigate cafe robbery
- Police seek suspects in armed robberies in Eugene
- Armed robbery suspects sought
- Police investigate sixth armed robbery within six days
- Deputies investigating home invasion robbery in Eugene
- Eugene robbery spree continues
- Armed robbery reported on 17th and Alder in Eugene
- Neighbors shaken after 5th armed robbery reported in Eugene
- Multiple-vehicle crash in Eugene