PORTLAND, Ore. -- A Portland activist is dead after a vehicle hit him as he was leaving a left-wing hangout.
Police say Sean Kealiher's friends took him to a hospital after the early Saturday crash in the Kerns neighborhood. Police say a SUV crashed into a commercial building and then gunshots were fired at the vehicle.
Police are investigating the events that led to the 23-year-old's death.
Kealiher was hit after leaving Cider Riot, a gathering place for antifascists, anarchists and other leftists.
We're told witnesses saw the SUV hit a tree outside of the offices of the Democratic Party of Oregon. The offices were closed at the time.
Police say a medical examiner conducted an autopsy and determined Kealiher's death was a homicide from blunt-force trauma.
- Police investigating events before Portland activist's death
- Police investigating suspicious death on Portland bike trail
- Police investigating possible bias crime in Portland
- Portland activist arrested for alleged contact with minors
- Portland fire was intentionally set, investigators say
- Board revokes former Portland chief's police certification
- Portland police make arrest in fatal shooting
- Man killed by Portland police officer
- Portland official: Texts show police-extremist collusion