COOS COUNTY, Ore. – Investigators are trying to figure out what led to a Coos County inmate's death.
According to the Coos County District Attorney's Office, Rocky Stewart, 42, was found unresponsive in his cell early Sunday morning.
Stewart was pronounced dead on the way to the hospital.
Police arrested him for assault Saturday night in Bandon. The DA's office said he got into a fight with a family member. They said he did have minor injuries from the fight, but declined medical attention.
Authorities do not know why he died and have ordered an autopsy.
Oregon State Police are continuing the investigation.
- Police investigating Coos County inmate's death
- Coos Bay police investigating chainsaw theft
- Deputies investigate inmate death at Lane County Jail
- Police fatally shoot Coos Bay man
- One person killed in Coos County crash
- Coos County deputies search for burglary suspects
- Body of missing Coos County man found
- Coos Bay house fire intentionally set, investigators say
- Police: Man admits to robbing Subway in Coos Bay
- Coos Bay Police take on lip sync challenge