EUGENE, Ore. -- The driver and vehicle police say were involved in a hit-and-run death on Monday have been found.
Police have been investigating since a body was found Monday morning in the 1200 block of Willamette Street. Police said they believe the hit-and-run was accidental. They said a vehicle struck a person who was lying down in a sleeping bag.
The major collision team is on site, and they think surveillance video will provide further details. The investigation is ongoing.
Reports of the incident came in just after 6:30 a.m., and police are asking for information from anyone who may have seen or heard something suspicious or out of the ordinary in that area in the early morning hours on Monday.
Specifically they are seeking information in the area between 11th and 13th avenues and from Willamette to Oak streets. Investigators are asking people to contact the Eugene Police Department at 541-682-5111 if they have information.
Stay with KEZI 9 News for updates.
- Driver in hit-and-run death found, police say
- Police search for hit-and-run driver
- Hit and run driver kills a Eugene Police K-9
- Eugene Police searching for driver involved in hit & run crash
- Police seeking second driver in fatal hit-and-run
- Police search for hit-and-run driver after crash
- Man asks hit-and-run driver to come forward
- Driver hits and runs over a Northeast Portland woman
- Accused hit-and-run driver says he doesn't know victims
- Springfield family searching for driver in hit-and-run wreck