NEW YORK – According to New York City police, 27-year-old Akayed Ullah is in custody, after being caught wearing a homemade explosive device at the Port Authority Bus Terminal near Times Square.
NYPD reported the device either malfunctioned or did not go off the way the suspect intended.
At least 3 people received minor injuries. The suspect was badly hurt and was taken to Bellevue Hospital.
White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said President Donald Trump had been briefed on the incident.
According to New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio, this was an attempted terror attack.
Investigators reported that the suspect had been living in the United States for 7 years. They said he's from Bangladesh.
- Explosion reported in New York City
- Crews respond to explosive fire in Junction City
- Report: Amazon picks New York and Northern Virginia for HQ2
- Explosion severely injures Eugene woman
- Amazon dumps New York City as new headquarters site
- Sesame Street becomes a real intersection in New York City
- Cougar sighting reported in Junction City
- Special Report: Heroin in the City
- City prosecutor presents annual report in Springfield
- Police: small explosion in west Eugene