CAMAS VALLEY, Ore. -- Police have identified the man who died in a mowing accident on Highway 42 on Tuesday.
Keith Ericson, 49, died near milepost 59. Oregon State Police said an ODOT employee was mowing and hit a man who was sleeping in the grass.
The man’s name was not released on Tuesday as they worked to notify his family.
Ericson's last known addresses are Rapid City, South Dakota, and Santa Monica, California.
ODOT spokeswoman Angela Beers-Seydel said they are heartbroken about what happened. She said she isn't aware of anything like this happening before.
- Man dies in ODOT mowing accident near Tenmile
- Police identify man who died in ODOT mowing accident near Tenmile
- Tenmile man dies in industrial accident near Winston
- Man injured in Tenmile shooting
- Deputies investigate murder in Tenmile
- Tenmile man accused of attempted sexual assault
- Possible motive revealed in Tenmile homicide case
- ODOT hit with network outage
- Elderly man dies in boating accident
- Springfield man dies in logging accident