EUGENE, Ore. -- A man who allegedly attacked a Eugene woman before being killed in self-defense has been identified.
Police said the man was Stephen Durkee, 48, of Eugene.
The woman told KEZI 9 News Durkee was her ex-boyfriend and he showed up at her door with a baseball bat.
The Lane County Sheriff's Office says when they responded to the scene, one man was dead and two people were injured.
This happened Sunday morning on Evergreen Drive near River Road.
The woman says Durkee was also armed with a knife.
She told KEZI 9 News that her ex barged into the house and struck her twice in the head with the bat. She said another man, who was in the residence at the time, rushed to her defense and attempted to fight the intruder off.
The woman said the intruder tried to stab both of them and they defended themselves.bShe and her friend were taken to the hospital with injuries.
The Lane County Sheriff’s Office, Oregon State Police, and the Lane County Medical Examiner’s Office are investigating the death.
Stay with KEZI 9 News for updates.
- Police identify man allegedly killed in self-defense in Eugene
- Police identify bicyclist killed in Eugene crash
- Eugene man allegedly rear-ends detective
- Police identify man killed in crash
- UPDATE: Eugene police arrest, identify robbery suspects
- Police identify man who died from gunshot wounds in Eugene
- Police identify man found dead along Willamette River in Eugene
- Attorneys: Eugene security guard killing was self-defense
- Police identify man killed in police tasing incident in Albany
- Eugene police officer resigned after allegedly having sex on duty