SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- Eugene police have identified three girls who may have information about a sex offender’s conduct on an EmX bus in Springfield.
Christopher Hare, a level three sex offender, was released from prison in July. Hare served 24 years for rape, sex abuse, kidnapping and burglary. His victims were toddlers to teenage girls.
Police said the girls aren’t suspects, and they didn’t do anything wrong. They said detectives wanted to talk to them to see if they witnessed anything while traveling from the Springfield Station to the Gateway area at about 1:40 p.m. on July 9.
It’s not known at this time what, if anything, happened on that ride.
Hare’s been in jail since July 23. KEZI 9 News has reached out to Lane County Parole and Probation to learn more and has not heard back.
- Police identify girls on same EmX bus as sex offender
- UPDATE: Woman charged in EmX bus attack
- Caught on camera: Woman attacks passengers on EmX bus
- Suspect in EmX attack caught on camera back in jail
- Deputies: Predatory sex offender back in custody
- Community members concerned after sex offender released
- Klamath Falls detectives arrest Texas sex offenders
- Registered sex offender arrested Tuesday on sex abuse charges
- Authorities warn of sex offender released back into the public
- Salem sex offender gets 5 years in prison