EUGENE, Ore. – Police on Friday released the names of two people involved in a crash Thursday morning on West First Avenue.
Troy David Nichols, 56, who was driving a Jeep Liberty, died in the crash. Travis Ryan Feltz, 42, who was driving a Dodge Ram 3500, sustained minor injuries.
The crash at 7:15 a.m. Thursday closed West First Avenue from Wallis Street to Cap Court until about 1 p.m. Police rerouted traffic while the crash was being investigated.
Police said Nichols was headed westbound on West First Avenue and Feltz was eastbound when the crash occurred.
The Eugene Police Department's Major Collision Investigations team is investigating the possibility that the Jeep crossed its lane of travel.
- Police identify drivers involved in Thursday crash
- Tigard police officer critically injured in crash involving drunk driver
- Police: Drunk driver involved in late-night crash
- Eugene Police searching for driver involved in hit & run crash
- Second Eugene police car involved in crash Thursday
- Police identify driver, pedestrian in fatal Junction City crash
- Driver dead in bus crash involving high schoolers
- Police identify driver in crash that injured 2 Eugene police officers
- Police identify man killed in officer-involved shooting in Oakridge
- Police identify man killed in crash