EUGENE, Ore. -- Detectives with the Eugene Police Department continue to investigate a suspicious death after a man was found lying on the sidewalk Wednesday night.
Police said they were called out to Pearl Street and East 10th Avenue shortly before 9:30 p.m. Officers said the man was unresponsive.
Medics treated him there, but police said the man died. The exact cause of death is still under investigation.
Police said they're still working to determine if foul play was involved, but they're calling it suspicious.
People who work along Pearl Street said this is very unsettling.
"I walk to work everyday," said Hannah White, who works in downtown Eugene. "It's kind of odd that it's right in the middle of downtown. It's a really happening area, a lot of people, students ... I think it's really shocking."
Police are not releasing the name of the deceased at this time.
- Police continue to investigate suspicious death in downtown Eugene
- Suspicious death in downtown Eugene now a homicide investigation
- Suspicious death under investigation in Eugene
- Police investigating assault in downtown Eugene
- Springfield police investigate suspicious device
- Marion County deputies investigating suspicious death
- Deputies investigate suspicious death in Albany
- Detectives investigate suspicious death in Linn County
- Linn County deputies investigate suspicious death
- Police investigating suspicious death on Portland bike trail