ROSEBURG, Ore. -- Police chased down a stolen Bigfoot Beverages vehicle on Interstate 5 on Friday in Douglas County.
Steve Doner, 31, of California was arrested following the pursuit.
Roseburg police responded to a report of the vehicle being stolen from the Mercy Hospital parking lot at about 11:30 a.m.
The vehicle was spotted by a Sutherlin officer near milepost 138 at about 11:45 a.m. The officer unsuccessfully tried to stop the driver, who took an exit and got back onto I-5 headed south.
Police said the suspect stopped before reaching spike strips set up at milepost 131.
Doner was taken to Douglas County Corrections for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and attempt to elude, police said. The vehicle has been returned.
Oregon State Police and the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office assisted.
- Police chase down stolen Bigfoot Beverages vehicle on I-5
- Douglas County deputies led on chase up and down I-5
- Deer cause four-vehicle crash on I-5 southbound near Eugene
- Three vehicles stolen from Eugene dealership
- Man accused of impersonating police officer on I-5
- Motorcyclist dies in I-5 crash; police seeking witnesses
- More beverages being added to Oregon's bottle bill
- FDA looks into regulating CBD in food, beverages and more
- Stolen car leads to police pursuit, manhunt
- Police chase cow near Chick-Fil-A