EUGENE, Ore. -- Neighbors in west Eugene reported a loud explosion Wednesday night.
A Eugene police officer that was on the scene said it appears that a small bomb detonated in a parking lot off of Quest Drive.
Police they couldn't find any shrapnel but think it was a homemade bomb or perhaps an M-80 type firework.
No injuries were reported, and no suspect was identified.
Police said a similar incident happened around this time last year near Mangan City Park.
- Police: small explosion in west Eugene
- Explosives found outside Eugene police station
- Explosion severely injures Eugene woman
- Six Eugene apartments called unsafe after explosion
- Explosion destroys food cart in Eugene
- Two arrested after west Eugene stabbing, police say
- Camping stove blamed for apartment explosion in Eugene
- Deputies find explosive materials in Eugene home, court documents allege
- Burglary suspect arrested in west Eugene Wednesday
- Boy hit by car in west Eugene