EUGENE, Ore. -- Police have arrested a suspect in the murder of a Eugene man.
Kyle Robert Woody was booked into the Lane County Jail on Thursday. Police said he killed Anthony Xavier Johnson in the Whiteaker neighborhood in September 2016.
Johnson was found dead near West Fourth Avenue between Monroe and Adams streets after officers responded to shots fired in the area.
Woody was also convicted of pointing a gun at a crowd of people near the Hub Apartments in Eugene in February 2017.
- Police arrest suspect in 2016 Eugene murder case
- Eugene police arrest assault suspect
- Portland murder suspect arrested in Eugene
- Eugene police arrest US Bank robbery suspect
- Eugene police arrest chain-wielding robbery suspect
- UPDATE: Eugene police arrest, identify robbery suspects
- Springfield police arrest rape suspect in Eugene
- Stabbing suspect arrested in Eugene
- Eugene police release suspect sketch in 1980s murders
- Murder suspect identified in Aloha dismemberment case