Photo Gallery 2 Images
BENTON COUNTY, Ore. -- Officers said they arrested a man after he led them on a car chase, hit a parked car, and tried to run away.
Police said they tried pulling over a car for a routine traffic stop when the driver sped off.
They said the car chase only lasted about five minutes before Tristian Lee DeWolfe, 20, lost control, crashed through a fence, and hit a parked truck. They said the impact pushed the truck into the side of a building.
No one was inside the truck at the time.
Officials said DeWolfe got out of the car and ran from police. Deputies and police officers were able to catch up to DeWolfe and tackle him to the ground.
He was arrested and his car was seized. Police believe there is a large amount of drugs in his car and will be searching it Thursday.
DeWolf suffered minor injuries but is expected to be okay, police said.
DeWolfe had 14 warrants out for his arrest.
He is facing a list of charges including hit-and-run, DUII, resisting arrest, eluding police, and reckless endangering.
- Police: Suspect leads officers on chase, crashes into parked car
- Gas theft suspect leads deputies on dangerous car chase
- Police: Car catches fire as homeless man leads officers on chase
- Springfield police chase suspect to Eugene neighborhood
- Stolen car leads to police pursuit, manhunt
- Salem man arrested for leading police on chase in Springfield
- Police chase leads to armed standoff in Sweet Home
- Eugene police search for Chase Bank robbery suspect
- Police: Bend robbery suspect impersonated officer
- K9 officer helps capture two suspects in stolen car case