SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- The principal of a Springfield high school has committed suicide after being placed on administrative leave amid concerns over his conduct, according to police.
Michael Fisher, the director of the Academy of Arts and Academics in downtown Springfield, was found dead in his garage Thursday afternoon, according to police. They said his wife called 911 shortly after 4 p.m.
Fisher was put on administrative leave Wednesday as a "result of concerns relating to conduct," according to school officials.
Investigators said Fisher had been the target of a criminal investigation which will continue despite his death.
- Director of Springfield school commits suicide, investigation will continue
- Springfield school director placed on leave
- Springfield standoff ends in suicide
- UPDATE: Investigation continues into Springfield principal
- Springfield fire under investigation
- Parents wary of Springfield school during investigation
- Police: Man commits suicide on MAX train tracks
- Report: WSU quarterback who committed suicide had CTE
- Springfield police investigate suspicious device
- Search for missing Springfield teen continues