Photo Gallery 2 Images
EUGENE, Ore. -- One of the suspects in the shooting between two cars near Autzen Stadium told police the shooting was drug-related.
Philip Stiggins told investigators it stemmed from an argument over drugs and money, according to a search warrant affidavit.
According to the document, Stiggins told them he drove to the O Bar parking lot to collect debt but when he arrived, the other man disrespected him.
As Stiggins was walking back to his BMW, he said he heard a gunshot.
Both Stiggins and the other man drove off in separate cars, shooting at each other while they drove. Eventually, the cars went in different directions.
Stiggins was stopped and arrested by Springfield police a short time later.
- Police: Shooting near Autzen Stadium was drug related
- New Autzen Stadium policies could challenge businesses
- Law enforcement agencies train for emergencies at Autzen Stadium
- Changes coming to Autzen Stadium for upcoming football season
- Fans can expect changes at Autzen Stadium Saturday
- Oregon fans react to new Autzen stadium rules Saturday
- Duck Dash and Eugene 5K held at Autzen Stadium Saturday
- Eugene Marathon starts and finishes at Autzen Stadium
- Eugene City Council OKs extended tailgating time at Autzen Stadium
- Woman cited after string of break-ins near Autzen Stadium