PORTLAND, Ore. -- A man died on TriMet MAX tracks Friday morning in what Portland police determined was a suicide.
Emergency crews were called out at 6:13 a.m. to the tracks after receiving a report of a man down on the tracks.
The 911 call came from the MAX operator. He reporting that the man appeared to be dead.
When crews arrived they confirmed the man was dead.
Police said a train ahead of him first struck the man who was laying on the tracks.
- Police: Man commits suicide on MAX train tracks
- Director of Springfield school commits suicide, investigation will continue
- Report: WSU quarterback who committed suicide had CTE
- Police: Teen looking at phone hit by MAX train in Beaverton
- Pet of the Week: Max
- U.S. grounds 737 Max inside American airspace
- Office Max selling bullet-resistant backpacks
- Winston parent speaks out against bullying after her son commits suicide
- Lawsuit filed against Lane County after former parole officer's son commits suicide
- Police identify couple in apparent murder-suicide