PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - A suspected burglar accused of exchanging gunfire with Portland police has been identified as a 26-year-old woman.
The Portland Police Bureau says Sarah Michelle Brown was booked into jail over the weekend after being released from a hospital. She's charged with attempted murder, burglary, unlawful entry in a motor vehicle and unlawful use of a weapon.
Officers responded to the Goose Hollow neighborhood early Thursday on a report of a burglary in progress. Police say there was an exchange of gunfire between the woman and officers.
A SWAT team and crisis negotiators responded during an ensuing standoff that lasted more than three hours. Police say a handgun was seized as evidence.
The incident remains under investigation and will be reviewed by a grand jury.
- Police ID woman accused of firing at Portland officer
- Man killed by Portland police officer
- Man accused of starting more than 20 fires in Portland
- Former Portland mayor accused of sexual harassment
- Family of teen killed by Portland police officer sues city
- Portland police renew effort to put cameras on officers
- 2 Portland police officers and driver injured in crash
- Portland police save elderly woman from burning house
- Portland officer injured in pipe assault