Photo Gallery 5 Images
EUGENE, Ore. -- After months of suspicious activity at a home in Eugene, police have made six arrests and seized guns, drugs, stolen items and even a hand grenade.
The string of arrests began Thursday afternoon. Police said at about 2 p.m. they saw many people coming and going from the house, which is in the 4600 block of Marshall Avenue.
Alicia Treon, 45, was the first arrest. She faces a methamphetamine possession charge.
Later, a vehicle parked at the house was being loaded with boxes, police said. The Street Crimes Unit stopped the vehicle at 5045 Barger Ave. and found numerous guns, including several handguns, long rifles and two fully automatic machine guns. One of the handguns was stolen, police said. A “training” hand grenade was also found, and the Metro Explosives Disposal Unit responded.
Harley Bichler, 30, of Eugene, who police said was driving, and passenger Rebekah Burrell, 39, both face charges of unlawful possession of a firearm and of a machine gun. Passenger Billy Dickerson, 59, of Eugene was charged with carrying a concealed weapon.
Meanwhile, a second vehicle was seen speeding to the Marshall Avenue residence and speeding away. Officers stopped the car, which had switched license plates, on Candlelight Drive near Royal Avenue.
Daniel Field, 65, of Eugene was charged with unlawful delivery and possession of heroin.
The Street Crimes Unit tried to contact the remaining occupants of the home. They said Levi Strike, 36, of Eugene was attempting to leave the residence through the backyard and was taken into custody. He faces charges of being a felon in possession of a firearm, first-degree theft of a firearm, unlawful possession of a firearm and of a machine gun, and unlawful possession of meth.
Officers remained on scene overnight, and a search warrant was served Friday. Police said they found eight stolen items from seven cases, including laptop computers, cell phones, power tools and a bicycle. They said there might be a meth lab in the garage, but the investigation is ongoing.
- Guns, drugs, hand grenade seized, 6 arrested in Eugene bust
- Two arrested in Winston after drug bust
- Springfield police seize $450,000 worth of drugs, multiple guns
- Man arrested after barricading himself inside home, guns seized
- Guns seized after reports of school threats
- 8 people arrested in Sweet Home drug bust
- Two men arrested after drug bust in Roseburg
- Gun arrest forces South Eugene High School into Lockout
- Deputies seize gun from 10-year-old at Salem school
- 2 suspects, drugs netted in Eugene raid