PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - An Arizona man was arrested in central Oregon after police say he crashed into an Oregon State Police trooper while driving drunk, causing the patrol car to overturn onto its side.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports the trooper, who hasn't been identified, was driving south on South Highway 97 in Redmond while Christopher Luna drove north and then turned into a motel parking lot, Redmond police said.
Police say Luna crashed into the state trooper after making the turn, sending the patrol car into a nearby vacant parking lot.
The trooper was driven by colleagues to a hospital for non-life-threatening injuries, and Luna was treated by paramedics at the scene.
Luna was arrested. He is accused of driving under the influence of intoxicants, third-degree assault, reckless driving and reckless endangering.
- Police: Drunken driver crashes into state trooper
- Oregon bus driver charged with drunken driving
- Suspected drunken driver arrested after Taco Bell run
- Troopers search for driver who crashed into building
- Oregon State Police trooper dragged during traffic stop
- Trooper opens fire on driver during traffic stop
- 2 Portland police officers and driver injured in crash
- Tigard police officer critically injured in crash involving drunk driver
- Police: Drunk driver involved in late-night crash
- Police: Driver ran off after crash on Beltline