MCKENZIE BRIDGE, Ore. -- Officials are investigating after a small plane crashed near McKenzie Bridge Tuesday night.
Officials have confirmed there is a fatality or fatalities.
The Lane County Sheriff's Office tells KEZI that the 911 call came in at 7:01 p.m. and they believe there are two fatalities in the crash.
The Lane County Sheriff's Office says forest service helicopter technicians at the airport saw the plane 50 to 60 feet above the air strip, then over the trees before hearing a crash and seeing smoke.
Rainbow Plews, Fire Chief for Upper McKenzie Rural Fire told KEZI 9 News, witnesses saw the plane take off just before 7 p.m. at McKenzie Bridge Airfield and crash soon after, less than a mile away.
This is a developing story. Watch KEZI 9 News This Morning for the latest information.
- Fatal plane crash near McKenzie Bridge under investigation
- McKenzie Bridge plane crash victims identified
- NTSB report released in fatal McKenzie Bridge plane crash
- Two confirmed dead in plane crash near McKenzie Bridge
- Community remembers victims of McKenzie Bridge plane crash
- Several injured in crash on McKenzie Highway
- Man found guilty of murder and arson in McKenzie Bridge
- Team Rubicon helping McKenzie Bridge recover after winter storm
- Deerhorn bridge project could close boat ramp on McKenzie River
- Man rescued from McKenzie River