SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- A pipe leak has flooded Thurston High School's weight room.
A spokesperson with the Springfield School District said they realized there was a problem when an extremely high water bill came in last week.
When they got it inspected this weekend, they found out a broken pipe had been leaking water for nearly a month and that the water had pushed through the floor.
They don't know the cost of repairs yet, but the district said it should be covered by insurance.
Classes are set to resume as planned on Wednesday.
- Pipe leak floods Thurston High weight room
- Second water main leaks in Thurston neighborhood
- Thurston High School student designs Nike shoes
- Afternoon classes cancelled at Thurston High School
- Thurston community gathers for vigil
- Blitzing the Preseason: Thurston Colts
- Thurston wins 5A state title
- Thurston begins repairs on gym
- Thurston High School girls make it to state wrestling championships
- Parental concerns left confusion at Thurston High School's walkout