Photo Gallery 1 Images
SALEM, Ore. (AP) - A pilot was killed in Salem after crashing into a ravine.
KOIN reports the plane crashed at 3:56 p.m. Monday near Blue Skies Farm Airport.
Deputies said the pilot was the only occupant.
Allen Kenitzer, a spokesman for the FAA, said the plane was a Kitfox airplane. It was found with a broken wing.
The FAA and the National Traffic Safety Board is investigating.
- Pilot killed in Salem airplane crash
- Pilot injured after crash-landing at airport near Salem
- Three Dutch workers killed in car crash north of Salem
- Police identify Salem couple killed in fiery crash
- Salem woman struck and killed on freeway
- Salem police investigate death of woman in Salem
- Salem's toxic water advisory extended
- Salem drinking water advisory lifted
- Bicyclist killed when struck by Amtrak train in Salem
- Salem man sentenced for crashing motor home into patrol cars