EUGENE, Ore. -- Pet owners got into the holiday spirit Sunday by bringing their furry friends for pictures with Santa.
The event was held by the Greenhill Humane Society at 5th Street Public Market.
There was a pet costume contest with prizes for the best costumes.
Organizers said this event was a great way for pet lovers of Eugene to celebrate the holidays.
"It's been amazing," said Megan Brezocar, Manager of Events and Community Engagement at Greenhill Humane Society. "We've had Greenhill graduates come all dressed up with their family which brings us joy as well as all different breeds and furry family members coming out."
Along with photos with Santa, Sweet Cheeks Winery offered tastings and bottles for purchase. Proceeds from each bottle will go to help fund Greenhill's building project.
Organizers said 5th Street Public Market is home to one of Greenhill’s Holiday Giving Trees with ornaments of animals and their wish lists. Visitors are invited to pick up an ornament and return to the market to donate a gift.
- Pets take photos with Santa at 5th Street Public Market
- 5th Street Public Market announces expansion
- Construction underway for 5th Street Public Market Expansion
- Nike to be anchor tenant in 5th Street Public Market expansion
- Eugene could change height restrictions for 5th Street Market
- Kidsports gets over $1,300 from 5th Street Market
- PHOTOS: Winter Storm, Feb. 25
- Stock market freakout: Wall Street bets the boom may be over
- Thieves target mailboxes in Santa Clara
- Composting workshops coming up in Santa Clara