EUGENE, Ore. -- This year, Halloween lands on a Wednesday. It's a different day each year depending on when Oct. 31 falls on the calendar.
It begs the question, for thousands of people, why not make Halloween the last Saturday of October every year?
The Halloween and Costume Association has launched an online petition trying to make that happen.
As of Wednesday morning, there were more than 41,600 signatures, with more signatures being added by the second.
For more information on the petition, click here.
- Petition calls for 'Saturday Halloween'
- Hospital warns of Halloween dangers
- Halloween 2018 by the numbers
- Two groups petition for Eugene city auditor
- Coburg police offer Halloween safety tips
- Police encourage pedestrian safety on Halloween
- Starbucks adds Witch's Brew Halloween drink
- Halloween safety tips from Eugene Police
- Families offer non-food treats this Halloween
- Eugene police increasing patrols for Halloween